Potash is a vital part for rising the meals you eat every single day. It’s a potassium-rich mineral that helps the worldwide agriculture trade. Roughly 95 percent of all potash is used in fertilizers to advertise plant development, increase crop yields, and construct illness resistance. Consequently, potash is an important instrument to fight meals insecurity — a state of affairs that impacts 800 million people worldwide — by making certain the absolute best yield of each crop.
The USA is the biggest world shopper of this potassium-rich mineral, but it imports 93 percent of its potash. Apart from Canada, a lot of the world’s potash comes from high-risk jurisdictions, reminiscent of Belarus, China, and Russia. The COVID-19 pandemic has make clear the flaws of the just-in-time (JIT) supply chain that many agricultural corporations depend upon for potash shipments, resulting in a realization that the US agricultural sector wants to extend its home manufacturing of potash dramatically.
Sage Potash (TSXV:SAGE,OTCPINK:SGPTF) is a Canadian firm vested solely within the Sage Plain Property and intends, via sustainable mining methods, to change into a outstanding home potash producer inside the Paradox Basin in Utah.
The underrated mineral has a low-risk price cycle due to its consumable nature within the agricultural trade, and the corporate plans to produce the fixed demand for the mineral. An skilled administration staff leads the corporate in the direction of growing its world-class asset in Utah.
The corporate’s flagship undertaking, Sage Plain Potash Property, is situated within the Paradox Basin, probably containing roughly two billion tons of potash., in addition to tremendous saturated (40 % minerals, 60 % water) multi-commodity brines containing precious minerals together with Lithium, Bromine and Potassium. Utah is a mining-friendly jurisdiction with a gradual provide of expert employees. As well as, the undertaking has a sturdy infrastructure that features road and electricity access that facilitates sooner exploration and growth.
In 2023, Sage Potash acquired a potash land portfolio in Utah consisting of over 88,000 acres of state and personal mineral leases and BLM prospecting allow functions. Earlier discoveries within the space embrace drill holes with core samples figuring out two flat potash beds that includes excessive potash grades with favorable business traits. Inferred useful resource for higher potash mattress, cycle 18: 159.3 million metric tonnes (MMT), grading 42.67 % potassium chloride (KCl) with 0.01 % carnallite and 0.62 % insoluble. Inferred useful resource for decrease potash mattress, cycle 18: 120.2 MMT, grading 35.77 % KCl. The corporate goals to finish a step-out geological gap that can additional outline the useful resource estimates and should double as a doable cavern growth take a look at effectively, to advance preliminary engineering and PEA.
Sage Potash understands the significance of a optimistic environmental, social and governance (ESG) score. Subsequently, the corporate has embraced a contemporary technique of potash mining that has considerably much less impression on the atmosphere than historic strategies of mining the mineral.
Slightly than underground or strip mining, the corporate will use in-situ resolution extraction of potash-rich brine to the floor for photo voltaic or mechanical evaporation and granulation. Utilizing this technique, the corporate is getting ready an engineering plan for an preliminary manufacturing of 150,000 tonnes of potash per 12 months. Concurrently, the corporate will proceed to develop general useful resource estimates that may assist the potential of elevating manufacturing to 2 to three MMT/12 months.
In an interview, Sage Potash CEO Peter Hogendoorn acknowledged the worth proposition of its undertaking’s location. “Utah is a mining-friendly state, and our deposit is ideally located to fulfill native and regional potash demand. Native manufacturing will save distributors and co-ops $150 to $200 per ton in transportation prices normally incurred from imported potash. Our staff has years of expertise and data of native fertilizer distribution channels for each off-take and the truckload markets.”
An skilled administration staff leads Sage Potash in the direction of its aim of turning into a precious potash provider in america. Peter Hogendoorn has labored within the non-public and public useful resource sector for over 30 years and has skilled buying and bettering belongings.
- Sage Potash (TSXV:SAGE, OTCPINK:SGPTF) is an exploration and growth firm targeted on growing a US home potash provide.
- Flagship undertaking: Sage Plain Potash Property within the Paradox Basin, recognized to host in depth, underdeveloped, world-class potash sources (2 billion tons)
- Tier 1 potential with a large-scale and high-grade inferred useful resource of 280 million metric tonnes (MMT) of potash
- Sage Plain potash property is estimated to supply 150,000 tonnes of potash yearly, with plans to develop
- Home manufacturing could have $150 to $225 per ton value benefit over Saskatchewan as a consequence of rising rail prices brought on by cancelled oil pipelines.
- Partnered with best-in-class engineering agency RESPEC LLC (liable for planning and execution for the Okay+S Potash resolution mine, the BHP Jansen undertaking, and plenty of different superior tasks, globally).
- Sage Potash possesses almost 90,000 acres of potash land in Utah, strategically situated in proximity to infrastructure, additional reducing transportation prices.
- Skilled administration staff with experience in company administration, finance and the useful resource sector
Sage Plain Potash Property
The undertaking is situated in San Juan County in Utah, with a mining-friendly native authorities and assist group. The Sage Plain Potash Property hosts higher and decrease potash beds which were confirmed by exploratory drilling, superb for the fashionable mining technique that helps create excessive ESG rankings.
- Confirmed Excessive-Grade Deposits: Sage Potash commissioned an NI 43-101 technical report that confirmed the presence of two layers of high-grade potash deposits.
- The higher mattress is 2,140 meters under the supply and returned samples as much as 42.7 % potassium chloride.
- The decrease mattress is 2,160 meters under the floor and returned samples as much as 35.8 % potassium chloride.
- Most world potash mines have grades between 20 % and 30 %.
- Sturdy Native Infrastructure: The property has street and rail entry in place. Moreover, it already has electrical energy entry and close by availability of oil and fuel.
- Environmentally Pleasant Photo voltaic Mining Method: The deposit is ideally fitted to in-situ resolution mining strategies with a considerably decreased environmental impression than historic strategies.
- Outlined Mineral Useful resource: Inferred useful resource for higher potash mattress, Cycle 18: 159.3 MMT, grading 26.96 % potassium oxide (K2O) /42.67 % potassium chloride (KCl); Inferred useful resource for decrease potash mattress, Cycle 18: 120.2 MMT, grading 22.60 % K2O/35.77 % KCI; Complete inferred useful resource: 280MMT of high-grade potash
- Further qualities of the useful resource:
- Potash beds are steady based mostly on seismic work and historic effectively correlations
- Formations are flat-lying with minimal dipping
- Easy geology with minimal faulting based mostly on 2D seismic survey knowledge
- Cycle 18 common depth of ~2,130 meters (7,000 toes)
- Cycle 18 mixed potash zones of 12.74 meters (41.78 toes)
- Low insoluble of 0.56 %, low carnallite content material of 0.01 %
- Formation temperature of 68 levels Celsius (154 levels Fahrenheit)
- Optimum temperature circumstances for resolution mining
Mission Historical past
Peter Hogendoorn has been concerned in financing junior mining and tech corporations, each private and non-private, for the previous 30 years. Hogendoorn’s historical past on this undertaking goes again to 2012 when he efficiently brokered a junior enterprise which financed the preliminary meeting of 100,000 plus acres of state, BLM (federal) and personal mineral leases and seismic knowledge, and efficiently drilled Sage Properly #1 for about US$8 million. Regardless of the big technical success of this effectively, the undertaking was dropped as a consequence of traditionally low potash costs on the time. The primary leases had been re-acquired by way of a aggressive bid in 2017 and the undertaking is now able to make the most of the present potash market. Hogendoorn is the founding father of Sage Potash, which is vested solely within the Sage Plain Property, and intends to change into a outstanding home potash producer, via sustainable resolution mining methods, inside the Utah Paradox Basin.
Peter Hogendoorn – CEO, Sage Potash Corp.
Peter has 30 years of expertise financing junior mining and tech corporations, each private and non-private. Proprietor of Wrenswood Capital Corp for 20 years investing in and consulting for quite a few start-ups and turn-arounds. In 2012, he brokered the unique JV, which financed the unique Sage Plains undertaking of 100,000 plus acres of state, and personal Mineral Leases, buying seismic knowledge and efficiently drilled Johnson 1 effectively.
Pat Avery – CEO Sage Potash (US) Corp.
Pat is a present Director of Fertoz, an Australian phosphate firm and the proprietor of LDR Resolution LLC, a consulting agency for main mining, chemical, fertilizer, undertaking administration, and personal fairness corporations. He spent 15 years with ARCO and Santa Fe Pacific Pipelines in refining and transportation, together with 11 years in Senior Positions, managing over 1,500 workers at ten services with JR Simplot. Pat was the previous President of Intrepid Potash and holds 30 years expertise within the industries of petroleum, chemical compounds, mining, fertilizer, and building/undertaking administration.
J. Patricio Varas – P. Geo. COO & VP of Exploration
Patricio has over 36 years of expertise in mineral exploration, undertaking administration and company management. He was a part of the invention staff of the Diavik Diamond mine in Canada with Rio Tinto, and the Santo Domingo Sur Copper-Iron deposit in Chile. Moreover he assisted with the undertaking acquisition and administration staff that led to the invention of the world class Santo Domingo Sur copper, iron and cobalt Santo Domingo Sur deposit in Chile with Far West Mining. The Firm was acquired in a pleasant takeover by Capstone Mining for over $1.1 Billion in 2010. He was the Founder within the Western Potash Corp and its President and CEO. He raised over $240 Million finishing up useful resource and reserve definition drilling, environmental research, allowing, feasibility and engineering research
Matthew Lechtzier, Director, has a considerable background in organizing advanced transactions in each private and non-private markets and dealing with detailed negotiations at a senior degree. Lechtzier was a director of Fairness Capital Markets at Jardine Fleming in Hong Kong (later J.P. Morgan) and subsequently honed his expertise as a “fixer” as a particular advisor to the Chairman of Ivanhoe Capital Corp., the place he labored for over 25 years.
Gordon Ellis, Director, has 50 years of expertise within the mining trade, serving to uncover and develop useful resource belongings.
The corporate’s engineering companions are RESPEC (Consultants for Engineering, Data, Technology, Mining, Water | RESPEC ), a worldwide chief in geoscience, engineering, knowledge and built-in know-how options for main trade sectors. The engineering staff is similar staff that managed the preliminary effectively and accomplished the preliminary useful resource estimate. RESPEC is very skilled in growing potash deposits and manufacturing engineering.
var scrollableElement = document.body; //document.getElementById('scrollableElement');
function checkScrollDirection(event) if (checkScrollDirectionIsUp(event)) //console.log('UP'); document.body.classList.remove('scroll__down'); else //console.log('Down'); document.body.classList.add('scroll__down');
function checkScrollDirectionIsUp(event) if (event.wheelDelta) return event.wheelDelta > 0;
return event.deltaY < 0; ); window.REBELMOUSE_LOWEST_TASKS_QUEUE.push(function() !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments); if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e); s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window,document,'script','https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '2388824518086528'); );